- Vector Calculus
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Network Theory
- Projective Space
- Special Functions
Monthly Archives: July 2012
1. Consider . What is the volume of the region (1) The first thing we do: consider the rectangle and form a partition of into segments and into segments. This gives us a mesh of rectangles as specified by the … Continue reading
1. So, last time we considered finding extrema for some function , but what if we constrain our focus to some surface ? For example, the unit circle would have (1) How do we find extrema for on the unit … Continue reading
1. Remember for a curve , we have maxima and minima occur whenever (1) What’s the multivariable analog to this notion?
1. Suppose we have a scalar function of several variables (1) Let be some unit vector. How does change in the direction? We can consider this quantity as a function (2) What does this look like?
1. Problem. Consider a function where we parametrize (1) If , how does change? We will need to use partial derivatives and Taylor expansion…